Tuesday, September 29

Day 22

Today involved more planning for the funeral and thanksgiving service for Talia. It was a tense day with some struggles as our grief impacted our emotions in unpredictable ways. We are trying to make sure our love overcomes the anger which sometimes comes from nowhere at the moment.

Family and friends are a great help to us, and my team in our business are great - they have refused to let me come back to work and are demanding that Jan and I take some time together on a holiday to work through the grief and also connect more closely with God. I suspect we will go down this path, as we need to work through some things together and understand what God would have us do for our future.

We spent some time at the Arthurs Creek Cemetery today choosing a plot for Talia to rest, and chose a beautiful location with space for Jan and I to join her one day. I believe that we will never actually be laid in this grave, since I am convinced that we are near to the return of Jesus and this generation may well be the one to see Him come in person. It will be glorious to meet with Talia and see Jesus face to face!

It was also time to pack up all the wonderful gifts given to Talia into storage. People have been so kind and thoughtful with so many clothes, blankets and toys. There was a sense of deep sadness as we looked through the few things she actually used (very important to us now) and the special things her two grandmothers knitted especially for her - I remembered the sense of joy they both felt in giving these to us.



We cannot know if God will bless us with another child in the future and so packing up these things is especially sad.

6 comments:

  1. TALIA
    T......treasured
    A......angelic
    L......loving
    I......inspiration
    A......adored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cedar WarrenSeptember 29, 2009

    Dear Jan & Jeremy,
    I tried to post a comment yesterday but it is yet to show up... Disappeared into cyberspace perhaps
    I wanted to commend you for the courage that you've showednij letting people know what NOT to say to you.... That's a huge thing that you've been able to let people with such dignity.... What u do & what you do NOT need... People try really hard to say the right things but unless you've really lived thisvtype of grief; it's difficult for people to know what to say.

    My thoughts & prayers will be with you during now & especially Wednesday... I doubt I'll be we'll enough to attend; having just been released from hospital myself.... I prat GOD will send his angels over all 3 of you on Wednesday as I'm sure the raw emotion of the day will be a huge challenge.

    That's all for now; feel free to phone me Jan if u need a chat; a cry or a prayer, luv Cedar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheridan PoverSeptember 29, 2009

    Jeremy and Jan, I came across a song on the internet that I thought was very appropriate for you at this time. It is based on Job 13:15 The words are as follows:

    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him;
    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him;
    I lay all my heart on His altar,
    And rest in His infinite care;
    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him.

    As God moulds the clay for a vessel,
    It may be a task full of pain,
    But knowing the hands of the Potter,
    A vessel of love will He frame.

    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him;
    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him;
    I lay all my heart on His altar,
    And rest in His infinite care;
    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him.

    Each thread of my life weaves a pattern
    The Lord has laid out in advance;
    A fabric that's fashioned with beauty;
    The master leaves nothing to chance.

    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him;
    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him;
    I lay all my heart on His altar,
    And rest in His infinite care;
    Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him.

    God bless you both and may He give you the strength you need to make it through tomorrow.

    Much love, Sheridan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny CornishSeptember 29, 2009

    Dear Jan and Jeremy, We were so sad to hear of the passing of your precious little girl. You fought a courageous fight of faith and unconditional love to see Talia healed. You did everything you could do, and graciously invited others on this journey with you. In her brief time with you little Talia experienced the love of her Mummy and Daddy and extended family. She is now in the embrace of her Heavenly Father. Our love and prayers are with you especially tomorrow and into the days, weeks, and months ahead. May our God from whom all comfort flows, sustain you, lift you up and give you hope for all that He has made ready for you in the days ahead. Love Jenny and the prayer team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne DowlingSeptember 30, 2009

    Dear Jeremy & Jan,
    We were so very sad to hear the news that Talia had passed away. Your little girl has touched the lives of our family so very much.
    May today you find comfort and peace as you celebrate your very special little girl. We pray that God will continue to carry you!
    Thank you for sharing your journey with Talia with us.
    Much Love Duff, Annie & Family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chantelle OlafsenSeptember 30, 2009

    Dear Jeremy & Jan,
    Talia is in the most beautiful place with Jesus, and we know there is no place more perfect than heaven. God gave you precious Talia and she will always be your blessing, now and always, as
    eternal life is forever til we are together again.
    Love to you both,
    Ollie and Chantelle Olafsen

    ReplyDelete