Friday, October 2

Day 25

Jan and I are resting at the moment, and we have been encouraged (strongly) to take some time away together. Working through grief whilst doing things is not a good idea, since we find that we have deep feelings which find their way out at inappropriate times.

I wanted to have some video from the services yesterday available today, but this has not been possible (technical reasons) and hopefully I will make this available in the next couple of days. Whilst going through the video on the camcorder, I came across some video I didn't realise we had of little Talia looking around, yawning and crying. Watching this quickly brought back the reality of how much I miss her and how important those little things were.

It was good to cry again, because I never want to forget my beautiful baby girl. I will certainly put the video of Talia up on the blog also - at least for my own benefit!

If anybody wants a copy of the slideshow (put on the blog a couple of days ago) in DVD format, please let me know. I have heard from the friends at Christian City Church that Roma is pleased for us to use her beautiful song which is a great blessing - thanks Roma!

1 comment:

  1. Sheridan PoverOctober 02, 2009

    Hi Jeremy and Jan,

    The service was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately I didn't get to hear all that was said during the tributes to precious Talia as I had to remove myself from the auditorium or I would have been a blubbering mess and not been able to make it through the song. I so wanted to be able to hold it together for you and be strong while singing such a powerful message over you both. I had a dream last Saturday night and in it we were chatting and I said to you both. It is so important to hold onto each other at this time. You will most likely grieve differently and at different times, but make sure that you continue to hold onto one-another and don't let any kind of wedge come between you. In the dream I continued to tell you about friends of ours who lost their precious boy at 4 years of age. They have done it really tough, but a lot of that has been due to them not really understanding one anothers differences in their grieving process. You two are an inspiration and we are all learning a lot as we watch you go through this tragic ordeal. I also encourage you strongly to take time out to get away. The house in very capable hands (you might say I'm biased) but I think a trip to a warm climate where you can lie on the beach and be a little pampered would do you both the world of good. You've been through something that no-one should ever have to go through, so take some well deserved time just for the two you and recover a little. Looking forward to a proper catch up at some stage, perhaps when the house is finished we can bring over some take-away and just relax. We love you both and are always here if you need anything at all. Sheridan and Damien

    ReplyDelete